Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Welcome Home

Today as I bask in the glory of God's grace. I have a home to call my own, where I put a pot of coffee on for my Friend and I. We sit and enjoy the good things in life. My Friend listens and we have a great conversation about life.... God.... kids..... mothering. I am overwhelmed. I am blessed. I do not want to say this lightly but I love those little things in life that daily I take for granted. I am surrounded by more things than I will ever need and yet I catch myself wanting for things of this world. That is until I feel the Spirit of the Lord remind me of the treasures that are being stored in heaven just for me. God is encouraging me to trust more in who He has made me to be. Live in faith not in fear. I wonder about the welcome that I will receive when I reach the promise land, when my Dad says "welcome home my child......"

1 comment:

Laura said...

Amen to that!